So the Chicago trip! It was so fun! Here's the whole story: James was looking to see when DMB (Dave Matthews Band) was coming to SLC because he has been wanting to see them in concert for about 5 years now. The year he had tickets, the show got cancelled because a band member died. So he's been wanting to go for forever. So he's looking it up and sees theres a show in NY right around his Birthday(early Nov). So we started looking into planning and things for that show and doing it as a birthday thing. Then a Friday night, James got a big paycheck and he came home at 7 pm and said we should just fly out of Las Vegas and go see DMB and Jason Mraz tomorrow in Chicago. and I said "OK!! Lets do it!!" LOL well he wasn't expecting me to say yes so it kinda threw him off but I said we are so doing it now. So we bought the tickets, the plane tickets and booked the hotel and left two hours later. Grabbed a 1 AM flight out of LV. We had an our lay-over in Minneapolis and then flew into O'hare airport in Chicago. I think we got into Chicago at like 8 am. We were SO TIRED! We took a cab (holy cow scary!! worst driver ever), checked into the hotel and passed out til about 2 pm. Got ready and then went to pick up our tickets, across the street from Wrigley. Got some food (giant slices of pizza, as big as my head!!) and then went to wait in line for the GA for the show. We waited in line outside for 2 hours. then got let in and stood waiting for the show to start for another hour and a half. Jason came on and played like 45 minutes, 7 songs. I know he was the opener but I was so disappointed. Of the two bands I was most excited for Jason.. I know more of his songs and I feel his music is a lot more mellow... And he didn't even play my favorite song.. :( anywhoo after about 30 minutes, DMB came out and played for like 2 hours! it was way cool and good. Also bummed he didn't play my two fave songs or James' fave song either. But still a awesome concert. Then we left and walked around the town. LOL there was a street we went down that had about 30 gay bars. Guys in short ass briefs, suspenders in the window dancing on a bar.. We are not in Utah anymore! LOL. We finally got to the hotel around 2 am. Passed out and got out to see the town at noon the next day. We just walked around, ate good food, rode their metro train and kinda shopped. It was such a beautiful city!! Great buildings and green with trees everywhere! It kinda had a SLC feel with old and newer skyscrapers together. LOVED IT!! Around 7 Pm we left to take the flight home and got Home around 2 am. It was a great trip and I love doing things like that with James. We always have such a great time traveling and visiting places. :)
Us outside of the Hotel. Tired, but about to go wander around the Windy City!

The Windy City Trolley. I had to take a picture

The huge pizza slice! $5

Dave Matthews Band
I have a new Favorite Quote! and honestly it fits the theme of this trip. :)
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”~James Dean

