Fathers day is fast approaching, and I won't deny I sincerely miss my dad. Not just because Fathers Day is approaching either. I have found over the past few months that I really miss him and all he did/does for me. I keep having these little revelations when I'm just driving or having a hard time. Revelations of how much alike we are, or how much I miss the things I used to take my sweet time doing. Like going out and working in the yard, on the roof or on a car. On bad days I find myself wishing I could just go out in the yard, have my dad hand me a job and hang with him and the dogs. I miss riding motorcycles and listening to Big County,(sorry dad, yes I did steal that CD.. ) and Lately I've gotten into a country mood, listening to county reminds me of my dad too. I Know he and I have had our tempers get the best of us, but now I see that's just another similarity. We both have tempers from hell, both quick to forget/forgive once we've settled the situation for ourselves, (not realizing the other person may still be pissed... used to drive me crazy and now I see I'm exactly the same way). We both are good with our hands and I find myself needing to fix things to calm down some days... We both are always hitting our heads and look good in hats.. lol. And I look like my mom but when I smile my eyes get all squinty like my dads. I'm proud to be a Proctor and come from a hardworking family line. I know my dad has always worked hard to support our family and has always supported me, whether in school, sports or life. Thank you Dad.
I know my dad loves me and honestly, I miss feeling that when I walk in the room. I never paid it attention until I couldn't feel it, out here.
So I guess with Fathers Day this weekend its the perfect time to say I miss and love my Dad.
I know my dad loves me and honestly, I miss feeling that when I walk in the room. I never paid it attention until I couldn't feel it, out here.
So I guess with Fathers Day this weekend its the perfect time to say I miss and love my Dad.


Very nice. It just about brought me to tears. Love ya!