So many things have been happening! I titled this "So Much" because there are So Many So Muches (lol) right now!!
Firstly, I finished my wedding consulting class and it was superb. I learned so much and I feel pretty prepared to jump into My wedding consulting/planning. I thought I'd have a little bit of time to further research and whatnot but it as turns out... I will have a Reception Venue to work out of within a month and a half to two months! Let me back track and tell you how it all happened!
My Teacher, Mentor and now Friend, Debbie Peysar is a BIG DEAL here in St George. She practically is The St George wedding circuit. She has her own Wedding consulting business and then has a hand in all things wedding related...running her own bridal mag, starting construction on a new reception center,running the bridal show, etc.. She gave me the best news a week ago: She found a place that was willing/wanting to re-model to be a reception center. She gathered two other seasoned planners and myself and asked us if we would be interested in designing the re-modeling and then being the preferred planners for the venue once it was/is finished. The owners of the venue are willing to pay for it all so all we do is go in, tell them how we want it and then plan out of it once its open!!! Hows that for exciting!?! I have so much to do to get everything together and going in just a month and half!!! But I am up to the challenge! I admit, I am a little scared and nervous but I am also excited as well! I just keep getting this feeling that if I let my Fear of Failure take over I'll never succeed in anything, So its not an option! No matter how hard it is or how much I have to do (and believe me its A LOT!) I have to keep going and learning and tell myself that I can do it,even if I am scared or nervous. Maybe all those quotes are starting to sink in! :P I also just keep thinking back to high school.. My senior year they put on the musical of Footloose. I'd decided that I wanted to be involved in As many things as possible my senior year So I decided I would try out. It involved a Dance try-out (erg yeah I am a horrible dancer!) an acting try-out and then a Singing audition. I knew I could act and I knew that I could stumble through dancing and still be ok but I had never been known (and still am not) as a good singer. But I decided I would practice and teach myself to sing the audition song and see how it went. I knew I had the possibility to sound decent so I went for it. One trip to the library, hours of listening to the Broadway Soundtrack and trying to sing along later, I felt ready. I walked into that singing audition and we were given the option to sing in a group or alone. I wish I'd had the guts to go it alone but I opted for the group. I sang as best as I could and the instructor asked me to sing it again alone. I did and A lot of people came up to me after and said they didn't know I could sing ( I didn't either until I tried!!) I ended up getting a solo song in the musical and I loved every minute of it. And I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I just felt I could do it and I did! I put my mind to learn to do something and I did and got a solo in a musical because of it! So I am trying to push through and have the courage to do the same with my choice to be a Wedding consultant. I also have a friend who's blog I read and she wrote that Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. I need to remember that! And just keep going!
(http://www.singinbliss.blogspot.com/)But yeah! Thats first good news that is giving me so much to do! If anyone out there who has insight on how to start a business, like taxes and networking or marketing or anything like that, I would really appreciate the input, help, advice and support.
The next so much is how much I have to do in life in general! House cleaning, Laundry, Dishes, Grocery shopping, Three soon to be four jobs(!), etc.. Seems like I aways have to keep going to stay ahead of the curve! Which is fine but only because I get a few moments where I can relax with James.
Bringing me to my next so much! I love him So much! He goes so far out of his way to make sure I am happy, taken care of and know I'm loved. Words can't describe how happy he makes me just by walking into the room. Maybe I'm corny but I still get butterflies when I see him or he holds my hand. All i can say is I love him, a lot, SO MUCH!!
I feel like so many things are happening so quickly but its a good thing. The only thing that would make my life better would be to have Owen with me and my family a little closer. But My sister Brittany is coming to visit next week and I am so excited and we will have so much fun!
Well thats all I've got!
I'm thankful for 1) my fear of failure pushing me to try instead of just give up. 2) People like Debbie who go above and beyond to help me on my path in life just because. and 3) for the words and lives of those before me inspiring me to do my best and keep trying. 4) and Thank you SO MUCH to Debbie for all her wonderful help. Christen for her constant support and inspiring words, thoughts and messages, and Brittany for our daily chats, support, love and friendship.
"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt

